The term Filipino bride cost doesn’t refer to the actual purchase or even giving any kind of financial compensation for a woman. A man spends money only on the services he’ll need to use to meet Filipino singles online, then meet his Filipino girlfriend online, and then marry her.
It’s not that easy to calculate the total price, but it starts at around $5,000. Will you spend the minimum amount of money or $20,000+? How do you cut costs, and what can you expect at every stage of your journey? You’ll find all the answers here.
|The average cost of getting a Filipino bride*
|Top dating sites to find a Filipino bride
|– Online dating services
– One 3-week trip to the Philippines
– Cost of a K-1 visa
– Min. cost of gifts & wedding license
*The range shows the price for the 3-week trip as the minimal cost and two such trips as the maximum cost.
3 Filipino mail-order bride & dating sites with the best prices
The vast majority of men meet Filipino brides on dating sites and mail-order bride sites. Such platforms are never free, but they can be more or less affordable and make different value for money. Our experts analyzed the market and chose the three best deals for singles seeking Filipino women online.
In total: How much does a Filipino mail-order bride cost?
Foreign men who want to meet Filipino brides and marry one of them in the near future will need to use a wide range of services, and the main costs will be as follows:
- Online dating services — around $100 per month. The total cost depends on the time you’ll need to meet a special Filipino woman, build an emotional connection, and start a relationship.
- Travel costs — $3,000 for a 3-week trip. This is the cost of a mid-range trip, tickets included. The total amount of money you’ll spend will depend not only on the number and frequency of trips but also on your traveling preferences.
- K-1 visa — $1,000. A Filipina bride who wants to get married in the US will need to apply for this particular visa to enter the country and stay after the wedding.
- Optional expenditures — from $1,000 to $30,000. This includes gifts, wedding, special dates—any spending on romance, and in this case, everything depends on the man.
*If you need to keep the information somewhere at hand, save the following image as your reference:
As you can see, the price range is pretty wide, so we’re going to explain what exactly may affect the price below.
Filipino mail-order bride price: Main costs explained
Now you know what Filipino mail-order bride cost is made up of, but there are still important nuances to consider, and we’re going to explain them all below.
How much for dating on the best Filipino dating sites?
The chance of meeting a Filipino bride is the highest on the so-called niche platforms designed exclusively for Filipino women or at least Asian women only and men from all over the world intentionally looking for a perfect match in Asia.
The right user base, special features, and better moderation make them more effective compared to mainstream dating sites and apps, but these are premier platforms where you, in 90% of cases, will need to buy and spend credits.
The costs for this virtual currency vary greatly, just like the costs of using different services do.
- On one of the sites with Filipino mail-order brides, you can get credits for $3.99, but chatting will cost you 0.5 credits for 10 minutes.
- On another site, you’ll get credits at the price of $0.008 per each, but 10 minutes of messaging will cost 20 credits or more.
Yes, the system is complex, which is why it’s so important to understand the pricing policy of a particular website. Still, though it’s not easy to calculate the exact price, you can expect to spend around $100 a month on most top platforms, including the platforms recommended by our experts.
Hence, if you spend 6 months on such a site before you meet a Filipino bride and start a relationship with her (it’s an average term), you’ll spend around $600 on dating services.
Price for taking a relationship to a new level in real life
Let’s say a man met his dream Filipino bride online and started a long-distance relationship with her. Of course, he’ll need to meet her in real life, the sooner, the better. That’s the only way to understand if things can work for you.
Moreover, it’s the only way for a Filipino bride to marry you — marriage will be legit in the eyes of the law only if a citizen and their foreign partner have met in real life and are able to prove their relationship is authentic.
In most cases, men go to the Philippines—it just makes more sense not only because it’s a beautiful country and a great tourist destination but also because it’s much cheaper and easier than inviting a Filipino bride to the United States.
Duration of trips, their frequency, the money you’ll spend in the country, all this will depend on you. Still, most travelers spend around $1,500 on a three-week stay + $1,500 more on tickets. If you plan more trips, just multiply this sum of money considering your plans.
Spending on romance: Will love cost you a fortune?
Note that showering a Filipina woman with gifts and going on expensive dates is completely optional—again, in this case, everything depends on the man. We just want to encourage you to consider that just like in traditional dating, you’ll still spend some amount of money on romance.
Also, we’d like to emphasize that the price of gifts and various romantic gestures will be higher just because of international delivery. On top of that, if you’re going to purchase presents on mail-order bride or international dating sites (some of the platforms have their own flower & gift stores), they’ll be more expensive than in regular stores.
Also, consider the wedding. The wedding license won’t cost more than $50-$100 depending on the state, and you can just have dinner at a restaurant, you’ll spend a few hundred dollars more. Or you can have a big wedding, and that will cost you at least $30,000.
Making things official: Price of a visa
The Philippine brides price also includes the cost of a visa. You don’t have to pay it at the beginning of your dating journey, of course—this is an expenditure for men who’ve already met a special Filipino woman on an online dating platform, met her in real life, and decided to get married.
Generally speaking, there are two options to choose from. A couple may get married in the Philippines, but if they then plan to go to the US and stay, a bride will need to apply for a foreign relative visa. If they want to get married in the US, a bride will need to apply for a foreign fiance(e) K-1 visa.
Most choose the second option, but in any case, the approximate cost of a visa will be around 1,000 (it also depends on the cost of the medical exam and optional extra costs for those who are going to hire a lawyer).
What affects the mail-order wife price? The list
How much does it cost to marry a Filipina? The prices start at around $5,000, but it can get much higher or lower depending on multiple factors.
So, let’s sum everything up and see what exactly affects the total price:
- The time you spend on a dating site searching for a special Filipino girl.
- The number of Filipino brides you contact when looking for a girlfriend.
- The features you are using on the dating site.
- Frequency and duration of trips to the Philippines.
- The exact location of a Filipino woman (larger city, smaller town).
- Your traveling preferences.
- Your dating style and willingness to have a wedding.
Simply put, the more effective the dating site is, the faster you find a Filipino bride, and the fewer trips you take before you decide to take a relationship to a new level, the less you spend.
Can you buy a Filipino wife online? Is it legal?
No, it’s not legal.
As we’ve noted previously, a man pays for various services, and the term Filipino bride cost doesn’t actually refer to a real “purchase” of a woman. That explains why main concerns about the legality of this business exist — most people still think that this practice involves financial compensation for a Filipina woman.
In reality, a Filipina bride can enter the United States, as well as most other countries, only if she is able to prove that her relationship with a man is authentic.
For example, a woman who’s going to marry an American boyfriend needs to apply for a K-1 visa, which means she’ll not only have to collect the necessary documents but also provide evidence that she and her groom have met in real life, have an interview with a representative of the immigration service, show messages, tickets, photos, etc.
Only if the government ensures that her motivation isn’t related to money or the fact of migration will she be able to enter the country and get married.
How to save money?
How much does it cost to get a Filipina wife? As you can see, a lot will depend on you. If you’d like to meet Filipino mail-order brides but aren’t going to spend more than necessary, consider the following recommendations:
- On a dating site, focus on Filipino women who meet your criteria. Appearance matters, but you should try to narrow the search to people with similar interests, goals, and mindsets.
- Choose the most effective communication tools. Consider the cost of using one or another feature and choose the services that work best for you and can help you build an emotional connection with someone in the shortest term possible.
- Choose the right time for trips. Avoid going to the Philippines during high season, choose the time when tickets are the cheapest.
- Consider staying for a longer time. You can go to the Philippines 4 times and stay for a week; however, if you go there twice and stay for a longer time, you’ll spend less on travel because tickets are expensive.
- Think about your wedding carefully. In the Philippines, a wedding will be cheaper, but you’ll hardly be able to gather all the guests you’d like to see. In the US, it will be more expensive, but there may be compromises. Moreover, you can just get a wedding license and have a nice dinner, and that’s how you can save more money than you’ll spend on online dating, trips, gifts, etc.
Being spontaneous is great, but not when it comes to spending money. Try to be more rational at every stage of your journey, and you’ll be able to spend less compared to men who easily get emotional when looking for a Filipino woman online.
Mail order Filipino bridal prices aren’t that high. Moreover, it’s much easier to calculate them just because there are no political or other difficulties in the country, so the process of marrying locals is much simpler for foreigners overall.
By comparison, estimating the Russian bride cost or Ukraine wife price is harder just because a man will need to consider taking a trip to a third country to meet his Slavic bride. In part, that explains why so many singles search for love in the Philippines—there are a lot of family-minded Filipino girls, the country is not so expensive, there’s no problem with trips, so things just get a lot easier.